The society has its headquarters in Tokyo, with seven branches in appropriate regions of the country, as shown below.
The board of directors, consisting of twenty-six directors headed by president (Dr. Prof. Ryuichiro SATO, The University of Tokyo, for the 2017-2019 term), fulfills functions constantly in collaboration with the following administrative board at the headquarters.
- KAGAKU TO SEIBUTSU (Society Journal in Japanese) Editorial Board
- Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry Editorial Board
- Academic Activities Committee
- Tripartite Collaboration Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- Gender Equality Committee
- JABEE Education Committee
- Ethics Committee
- Finance Committee
- Organizing Committee for the 100th Anniversary of the Foundation of JSBBA
Seven branches in the Hokkaido, Tohoku, Kanto, Chubu, Kansai, Chu-Shikoku and Nishi-Nihon districts coordinate activities