The 2020 annual meeting and its concerned activities of Japan Society for Bioscience, Biotechnology and Agrochemistry (in short: JSBBA), scheduled from 25th March and 28th March in Fukuoka and Saga, has been cancelled.
We, Japan Society for Bioscience, Biotechnology and Agrochemistry, have decided to cancel the 2020 annual meeting and its concerned activities (company Information Sessions, Frontiers Symposium, and so forth) due to the severity of the emergency related to the new Coronavirus (COVID-19), confirmed by the announcement of Japanese government dated 26th February "the proposal of cancellation and/or suspension of any large scale events or initiatives of sports, of cultural events and of any form of meeting in public or private places".
We solicit your kind acceptance of our decision under this severe situation.
<Acknowledgement of some procedures due to the cancellation>
1. We will publish the annual meeting presentations (PDF) on our web site on 5th March, 2020. This will be officially confirmed as the public presentation.
2. As the presentation will be considered officially published as above, we will not refund the registration fee which you have already remitted.
3. We will not bear any hotel cancellation fee, prepaid travel cost and other cost, if any which would be incurred by this cancellation.
4. Concerning the banquet fees, we will contact and announce to each who has already paid the fees.
5. We are planning to arrange the Awards Ceremony on later days, which will be informed on our web site and other tools.
About JSBBA 2020 – Information No.2 – 27/02/2020 (PDF)
Professor Minoru Yoshida
About JSBBA 2020 – Information No.1 – 21/02/2020