Conferences and meetings are held throughout the nation. The society holds an annual meeting of three or four days duration each spring in a main university town, presenting two thousand original papers and attracting up to four thousand five hundred participants.
These meetings have become some of the largest national conferences on the chemical and biological fields. The society occasionally holds "Kagaku to Seibutsu" (Bioscience & Biotechnology) symposia.
All the lectures are given by invited speakers who are selected from amongst those challenging the new frontiers of Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Agrochemistry.
The society has often worked together with the Chemical Society of Japan, the Japan Biochemical Society, and other related societies in Japan, to sponsor a number of national and international conferences on scientific subjects of mutual interest.
Furthermore, the regional branches throughout the year hold general meetings, regular meetings, symposia, citizen's fora, and lecture meetings. Two or three branches occasionally cooperate and hold joint meetings.
The wide fields of academy and technology enable us to appreciate up-to-date information on Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Agrochemistry and connected fields.
Past Annual Meetings
- 2020 Annual Meetings (Fukuoka) *Cancelled
- 2019 Annual Meetings (Tokyo)
- 2018 Annual Meetings (Nagoya)
- 2017 Annual Meetings (Kyoto)
- 2016 Annual Meetings (Sapporo)
- 2015 Annual Meetings (Okayama)
- 2014 Annual Meetings (Tokyo)
- 2013 Annual Meetings (Sendai)
- 2012 Annual Meetings (Kyoto)
- 2011 Annual Meetings (Kyoto) *Cancelled